13 February 2009

For the Couples



Diane Keaton and Woody Allen in Annie Hall (1977)

"After that it got pretty late, and we both had to go, but it was great seeing Annie again. I... I realized what a terrific person she was, and... and how much fun it was just knowing her; and I... I, I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this... this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs."

2 comments:

chinlingo said...

Hahaha. It's sad, but it's true.

yoshinorimike said...

I finally saw Annie Hall recently and was shocked at how enjoyable it was! It was so whimsical and so technically ambitious with all its little cinematic tricks.

Oh and I was talking to rachel about the transit pop concept and she mentioned Postal Service; it's true a lot of their stuff has that forward moving transit pop quality. But it's more like Japanese mass transit perhaps? Gleaming, white plastic, smooth edges, clean and orderly? And kinda cutesy sounding? But yeah like half the songs on that album can have some sort of claim to this tag, but Such Great Heights especially.